About Me

2.11.2017

8 Tips to Help You Lose "The Baby Weight": A Short & Sweet List For New Moms!

Thanks to Premier Protein for sponsoring today's discussion,
regardless all opinions expressed below are completely my own.


I can't even believe my baby will be half a year old soon, she's getting so big so quick, and I'm so honored to be her mommy. What I'm not so happy about is all this baby weight I still seem to be carrying around, so I'm doing something about it in 2017!

I want to be in shape to be able to enjoy every single moment with Lainey, which means I need to shed these extra lbs NOW! I'm not doing anything dramatic, there's no use in that... but with everything I AM doing combined, I've managed to shed a few lbs in just 2 weeks. I'm excited to say, if I keep this up I'll be seeing my pre-pregnancy weight on the scale in no time!


So, are you a new mama hoping to be able to squeeze into her pre-pregnancy jeans? Are you wanting to shed the baby weight without taking time away from the baby? That's where these tips will come in handy.

http://www.fyitrack.com/?49FB297D



1. Be Determined - This is the most important part of your weight loss journey and the simplest if you really want a change in your life. Having enough strength and determination to spend time exercising is tough and adjusting your diet can be grueling, but as long as you set your mind to it... you can do it!

http://www.fyitrack.com/?49FB297D


2. Meal Plan - It's easy to meal plan. I suggest following the 80/20 rule. What do I mean by 80/20? Well, it's simple, a majority (80%) of your daily food intake is defined as healthy "good for you" items like veggies, protein, etc... and the other 20% of your diet consists of more indulgent items like sugary organic fresh fruits, dairy, and even things like cake or pizza in small amounts. It's all about making sure your portion sizes are correct, so instead of playing a guessing game - start meal planning and portioning out your daily nutrition, after all, abs are made in the kitchen.


3. Add Baby to Your Workout - It's easy to get a work out in when you want your baby to be a part of it! If your babe is really little like mine, it's easy to include them in your routine - from mommy and baby yoga classes to weight training using your infant as your small weight. If you have an older little one, encourage them to participate in a workout with you - whether you enjoy a jog together or do a pilates tape as you giggle with each other, have fun and get active with your babe!


4. Stay Hydrated - Making sure you are getting enough water is vital to your weight loss. Your body functions better and digests food differently when it's fully hydrated, so allow your body to work at full capacity by making sure you always drink more than enough water!

http://www.fyitrack.com/?49FB297D


5. Find support - Spending time with people that are in the same boat can be refreshing and being able to hold each other accountable is so nice, so find a group of women who also want to change their lives and start getting healthier.


6. Consume more protein (Premier Protein) - Instead of adding a carb to every meal, I suggest you add more protein! There are 25 grams in a Premier Protein shake and they make the best post workout fuel, just energizing enough to give me the pick-me-up I need to continue on with my day. Fuel your body and feel better about consuming less calories (at only 150 cals) when you choose Premier Protein. Plus, I find comfort in knowing no artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors are added to these tasty shakes and the taste can't be beat!

http://www.fyitrack.com/?49FB297D

http://www.fyitrack.com/?49FB297D



7.Use a motivator - Instead of just hoping to see a certain number on the scale, I suggest having a goal item in your closet that you want to wear and spend time admiring it each week. It'll serve as a good reminder of how far you've come, especially once it finally fits well!

8. Stay Entertained - This one should be fairly self explainatory, but I know I'm guilty of doing it... so let me go ahead and say it, NO BOREDOM EATING. It's a waste of calories, it doesn't serve you, and you likely have things you could be doing with your time that don't involve eating for no reason other than your bored.


While I'm still a work in progress, making sure to utilize this list has helped me tremendously with my weight loss. I can't wait to share that I've hit my weight loss goal in a few months, but until then I'm going to continue working towards a better me. With that said, what ways are you working on a better you in 2017?




Get Free Updates in your Inbox
Follow me on:
facebook twitter gplus pinterest rss
'

Printfriendly