This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Planters. The opinions and text are all mine.
It's easy to lose track of your fitness goals, especially whenever your rocking a baby bump; you're encouraged to "eat for two" by everyone around you and you sometimes crave foods that you know are sinfully bad for you... and well, I'm not saying you shouldn't indulge on occasion, but after a recent conversation with my doctor, I realized my nutrition and fitness while carrying around my little one is super important!
I want to provide my baby with the best of the best whenever carrying her around inside the bump, just like I plan on doing once she's made it into the world, so I'm making healthier choices when it comes to snacking. If you're in the same boat as I am, or just looking for wholesome snack options to add into your daily routine, here's 5 delicious ways you can curb your cravings and still get plenty of nutrients in your system.
1. With sweets on my mind nearly all the time, fighting off sugar cravings is my number one goal. Instead of reaching for a slice of cake or choosing to eat a pound of chocolate, I've been trying to eat more fruits to provide myself and the baby with vital nutrients while still giving us both the sugar rush we want!
2. With sweet cravings comes the desire for something savory as well and that's where Planters peanuts come into the picture. Every one ounce serving of dry roasted or oil roasted peanuts delivers 7 grams of protein and 6 essential nutrients to my system. Can you say delicious and nutritious?
3. As you can probably guess, my next craving tends to be for spicy foods! I used to want chicken wings smothered in hot sauce, but as we all know, those aren't the healthiest food to be snacking on... so I've started reaching for Planters Chili Lime Peanuts. With a true KICK in the first crunch and a gentle lime taste, these are my absolute favorite snack at the moment! Plus, peanuts contain "good" fat, which help keep blood vessels supple and cholesterol lower.
4. Another craving I've been having often is delicious cheesy pizza. While I don't always ignore this craving, I have gotten better about choosing healthier foods in it's place. I suggest grabbing for a dairy based treat when you're craving something like pizza, I personally snack on a yogurt and while that doesn't provide the exact same flavor satisfaction, it's still a tasty way to provide the baby and myself with the calcium we need!
5. The last craving on my list that I've really had to try ignore is soda (and sometimes even coffee)! With the extra little zing of caffeine, it's a hard to tell myself no on tired days... so instead of reaching for a sugary, over-caffeinated beverage I tend to make myself a glass of tea! It satisfies my craving for caffeine without overindulging!
I'm not an expert on nutrition by any means, but so far my little tricks to curb cravings seem to have helped me so I hope they can help you as well!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Planters . The opinions and text are all mine.