This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias
It's true, hubby and I have been rocking this romance for a while now (9 years to be exact), so I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious... and pretty comfortable, as I'm sure most other married couples understand.
Although I'm forever his, any good man knows a woman never wants a man to stop wooing her and he's definitely a good man. While he tries to woo me, he's a guy and well, let's face it, dude logic isn't always the most romantic way of thinking.
I know I enjoy romantic gestures a little bit more than he does, but he tries and that's what counts. He knows my "love language" and he does his very best to make sure I'm happy... and in return, I do the same. That's what's made our relationship last, we both try and that's the one HUGE piece of advice I can give to any couple - always keep trying!
Enough of the chatter though, let's get down to business - Today, I'm sharing a post that'll help any guy woo a woman! So ladies in need of some wooing, just casually leave this post open on your laptop when you leave for the day... and for the men that found this on their own, get ready to figure out what us lady-folk really want and need when it comes to romance!
1. Surprise her with a date night. Leave a new dress and some new jewelry hanging from a light fixture in a room she'll walk into soon after you've left for the day. Leave a little note or send her a text letting her know when to be ready by and then whisk her away to dinner at her favorite spot or a live production of one of her favorite shows.
2. Try something new together! Go out to a new place that she's mentioned recently or bring her to a new place to spin pottery, no matter what - keep exploring the world together.
3. Come home with her favorite flowers for no reason other than to say "I love you". Girls love flowers and feeling like their partner really cares, this is a simple gesture that means a lot to us gals.
4. Keep her comfortable during a massage and afterward with K-Y® TOUCH®. With K-Y® your massages will be elevated to the next level and so will your intimate moments! Here's a bonus, I found this coupon for $2 off at Walmart - snag your coupon here and score big time on date night!
5. Regarding touch, use it to your advantage! Remember that touching can help diminish stress and increase confidence - so always be holding her hand, touching her knee, rubbing her neck, etc. Oh and always kiss her goodbye and goodnight! Even if you're just leaving for a minute to run down the street, make sure to lay a smooch on your darling wife.
6. Make her a mixed CD or a new playlist on her phone without her knowing, strategically have it playing the next time she has to make a drive alone. Something so little can be such a huge gesture and if you include songs that you know she loves AND songs that remind you of her, then she's bound to come home full of love!
7. Randomly send her "little sweet nothings", from silly facebook stickers to texts reminding her you love her - be sure to send her a daily reminder of how much you love and adore her.
8. Pay attention to what she says she likes when you guys are browsing the aisles at her favorite place to shop. If she says she likes a hat from Walmart as you are casually walking by but she doesn't grab it for herself, keep a mental note of it, and surprise her with it on a day you want her to feel extra special. If she points out a pair of undergarments in her favorite fashion magazine, maybe order them without her knowing... letting her know you were listening, even to such a silly little passing thought, will go a long way!
9. Always have a joke on hand. I know this one can be tough for the guys who aren't naturally comedians, but I guarantee your wife loves laughing at you! Be sure to have a few little funnies up your sleeve in case she's having a really bad day.
10. Ask her for a dance. Even if it's in an inappropriate spot while you're walking around downtown or visiting her parents, if you hear your song then ask her to dance with you. Have a little slow dance in the kitchen if it plays over Pandora even, remind her of the night she married you with your sick dance moves and she'll fall in love with you all over again.
11. Leave her little love notes in the pocket of her favorite hoodie or her favorite jeans. The random little reminder of love is such a heartwarming gesture and it takes hardly any effort!
12. Turn off your phone and cuddle up with a rom-com. Watching a movie together is always fun, but choose something that you know she wants to see, something light-hearted and sweet is your best bet! Bring home some of her favorite candy, the movie, and a new blanket to cuddle up under and I'm certain you'll have the best date night ever, in her opinion.
Now those 12 simple romantic gestures aren't too complicated, I think most men could pull them off without much effort at all! If you want to ignite the spark in your romantic life again, I suggest you give these little gestures a try! Don't forget your coupon on your way to Walmart for K-Y® TOUCH® and other supplies!
I'd love to know, what's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you or what is the most romantic thing you've ever done for your honey? I love hearing about romantic couples so gush about all the adorable little details in the comments below!