I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Breathe Right®. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
1. Use a diffuser with healing and/or calming essential oils. I love adding a little bit of lavender to our diffuser at bedtime, it's the perfect, calming scent.
2. Drink a calming tea an hour or so before bed time. I love drinking a hot brewed tea, while lounging under the blankets with a book. It's the perfect way to wind down.
3. Use Breathe Right® nasal strips when you feel congested, for a better night's rest. If you suffer from nighttime nasal congestion, Breathe Right® nasal strips are a drug-free and clinically proven way to instantly lift your nasal passage and open your nose to help you breathe better so you can sleep better. The strips are super easy to apply, you just place them in the center of your clean nose and press down ends gently and rub to make sure it's secure, and you're all set. Since they come in a variety of options, you can find a strip that fits the needs of everyone from those with sensitive skin to those that want a little bit of soothing lavender.
5. No electronics for at least 30 minutes to an hour before bedtime. You've probably heard this before, but your cell phone and your laptop are likely keeping you awake.
6. Stretch a little before you crawl into bed. Doing a little yoga will relax your body and open your mind, allowing you to drift off to dreamland faster. You don't even need to do a full yoga routine, maybe just a few restful poses and a little meditation.
7. Don't eat for at least 2 hours before you go to bed. This is my own rule of thumb, but it seems to work. You'll avoid crazy dreams and allow your body enough time to digest all the food you ate throughout the day while you are sleeping, this keeps your tummy and your mind happy while you rest!
8. Use a fan or a white noise machine to block out other noise. This is a must. I love being able to block out other noise and relax without distraction. The lulling sound of a fan or a white noise machine will allow you to start snoozing quickly once you are laying down.
Now that I've shared a few tips to help you get a good night's rest and our new found love in our home for Breathe Right® nasal strips, I'd love to hear about your night time routine... Do you do anything that helps you rest easier? Tell me all about it in the comments below!