I've decided that I need to start making use of my "pinning time". Recently I created a vanity from mainly Ikea products after being inspired by another pinner! :) Here's my creation in full force & a little bit of direction/tips!
From now on when I create pinterest inspired projects I will take "during photos as well!
Items used to make the vanity:
- EKBY GRUVAN glass shelf - $39.99
- VIKA CURRY leg- $3.50 x 4
- HERMAN Chair (they don't have the exact chair I used but this is close.) - $14.99
- GRONO Table lamp set- $19.99
- STAVE Mirror- $29.99 (I got mine from the as-is section for $9.99!)
& hints at getting this just right:
- The screws that come with the VIKA CURRY legs are too long to be screwed into the shelf, they WILL poke through! I suggest hitting the hardware store (or the junk drawer- in my case) for a smaller size screw!
- CHECK THE AS-IS IKEA SECTION! I can not stress how important it is to bargain shop! haha. I saved $20 easily by forcing hubby to browse it with me.
- I used little shelves behind the Vanity (from Target) to give me extra storage for hair products and taller items that couldn't fit under the glass part of the shelf.
- I'm still missing this step but buy bead containers from a craft store to store make up and other trinkets.